Water Quality Specialist @ Yanbu - Saudi Arabia
- Post Date:July 9, 2021
- Views 811
Req #: R116415
Location: SA – Yanbu
Category: Technical Support/Technician/Scientific
You’re a “leave it to me” kind of person. You get the job done right!
You take care of it without making it look like a lot of fuss and bother. You find out what’s expected, ask questions, gather your tools, and settle in to work through any snags until you land where you want to be. You work independently or as part of a team, when required. Determined. Self-reliant. Smart. You’ve got it — and we want it! Please contact us. An excellent position is waiting.
Implement departmental strategies for optimizing wastewater treatment, implementing beneficial reuse of all treated wastewaters and provide advice and guidance to EPC Department as needed. This will be undertaken through field visits, on-site inspections, research for BAT and preparing scientific technical reports.
Major Activities Performed
- Support environmental activities by conducting inspections, preparing/reviewing reports and check industry environment compliance with the RC requirements and determine extent of deviation from the RC regulations and standards.
- Provides necessary advice and guidance to the meet the RC goals and objectives and keep EPCD current concerning international regulatory standards, particularly in the field of wastewater treatment and water reuse.
- Review and evaluate the environmental permit application packages and technical reports submitted by existing and new industries.
- Performs periodic inspections on facilities and areas to ensure environmental compliance.
- Evaluates self-monitoring reports and other technical reports submitted by industries and coordinates with other sections regarding violations.
- Review and evaluate submitted data from investors.
- Check environmental Impact Assessments studies submitted by new industrial investors and existing Industries seeking a renewal of their Environmental Permit to Operate.
- Participates in periodic revision of RC Environmental regulations and standards and implement the same in line with Kingdom’s laws, international regulations and standards and best practices.
- Monitors the Royal Commissions (RC) Environmental regulations and standards in line with the government’s environmental standards and best practices.
- Support is more than a “motto” here. It’s the way we function!
In our organization, everyone gives and gets the kind of support that inspires us to perform at our best. When you’re recognized and rewarded for jobs well done… you can open up and look forward to growth and opportunity. We foster a culture of diversity and inclusion, where all people are respected for who they are, appreciated for their skills, and offered access to opportunity. Success is a team effort. Join us.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, or Other Relevant Sciences/Engineering Degree.
- No less than 10 years of relevant experience in the field of environmental management with primary experience within the heavy industries, industrial wastewater and water reuse sector is required.
- Experience managing other team members workload, ideally as a supervisor or team leader, is essential.
- Knowledge of water treatment and control procedures for different environmental hazards.
- Knowledge of quality, Health, safety and Environmental (OHSE) regulations and procedures.
- Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environment regulations followed in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, with experience of the environmental regulatory process within the heavy industries, industrial wastewater and industries waste sectors preferably with the Royal Commission of Yanbu & Jubail in Saudi Arabian or similar.
Key Technical skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Relevant computer proficiency, experience in using Microsoft Office tools and /or any relevant software.
Your passion for exceeding expectations makes you the right choice
You know from your own consumer experience the power of being attended to and rightfully treated as though you are very important. If that’s the level of service you are committed to giving back, we want to meet you. We appreciate our multicultural staff for the new perspectives and solid skills they contribute. Opportunities are waiting. Come grow with us.
Related Jobs (35)
Senior Sales Engineer – Petrochemical Process Solution on April 3, 2022 Full Time
Advanced Chemical Engineer – Oleflex – UOP – Abu Dhabi on February 10, 2022 Full Time
Civil Engineer – Water Networks – Neom, Tabuk, Saudi Arabia On-site on January 19, 2022 Full Time
Wastewater Treatment Technician (Dammam, Eastern, Saudi Arabia) on July 27, 2021 Full Time