WASH AND SHELTER PROJECT MANAGER @ GAZA – PALESTINE
- Post Date:March 3, 2021
- Views 72
Country Office Background
Since 2009, NRC has been providing humanitarian assistance and promoting respect for international law in one of the longest-running displacement crises in modern history. Through our work across the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza, we protect and assist Palestinians affected by, or threatened with, displacement. We provide legal counselling to promote human rights, and work to improve shelter, water and sanitation facilities and essential services. We support the provision of quality education, with a focus on psychosocial support for children and teachers, and help communities prepare for, and respond to, emergencies. We advocate for the rights of displaced Palestinians locally and internationally. We invest in coordination mechanisms to help improve the effectiveness and responsiveness of humanitarian action across Palestine.
NRC is now looking for a dedicated WASH and Shelter Project Manager to lead this Core Competencies operations in Gaza.
FOR THIS ROLE OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Brings a minimum of 5 years of experience in Project Management with a focus on WASHin humanitarian/recovery context, including experience in developing/designing new projects. They have solid team managerial experience with the ability to work effectively in a matrix heirarchical strucutre with various internal communication and reporting lines.
- We are particularly seeking a team member with excellent English writing skills and experience in reporting and proposal development, with specific experieince working on projects funded by Humanitarian Pooled Funds (OCHA) and GIZ.
The WASH & Shelter Project Manager main tasks is to implement both the delegated WASH and Shelter portfolios in Gaza and ensure high quality and cost effective programme/project implementation. It encompasses team direct line management and donor grants with budgets.
They will be responsible for:
- Line management for project staff
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to the development of Country, Area and WASH & Shelter strategies, initiate and participate in the development of relevant projects
- Coordinate and manage WASH & Shelter project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects
- Provide regular progress reports to the Area Manager
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Develop and manage project budget (in cooperation with CCs) and coordinate across CCs
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Provide leadership and management of all aspects of WASH and Shelter projects including design, planning, implementation, quality and accountability.
- Conceptualize WASH-related interventions, developing funding proposals, project budgets and donor reports in line with agreed strategies.
- Lead the development of funding proposals (including contribution to multi-sectoral proposals), project budgets and donor reports.
- Manage the WASH and Shelter project budgets, including: approval of appropriate Project expenses (within approval limit), tracking of project spending and financial obligations, verification of monthly budget-vs-actual reports, estimation of projected spending and submission of monthly cash forecasts.
- Establish, manage and coordinate work plans for all project activities, including making adjustments in response to any changes in the security situation in close coordination with the Area Manager and Security Coordinator.
- With support from the M&E unit, evaluate, review and perform quality control of ongoing and completed activities in reference to project proposals.
- Ensure consistency in data management from field reports to database and reporting.
- Document project achievements, deliverables, lessons learned and best practices and integrate them into new project design and ongoing activities as appropriate.
- Build the capacity of all the team members with special focus on WASH technical aspects and project management skills.
- Integrate community approaches, gender and disability sensitivity, Do No Harm and protection mainstreaming and environmental sensitivity into all activities as appropriate.
- Proactively contribute to the coordination and collaboration with other CCs within NRC, in line with the vision of Integrated Programming in the area in particular and at country level in general.
- Oversee and ensure that procurement is completed, documented and delivered to end-user in a timely manner, ensuring that items procured meet specifications of the end-user while adhering to donor and NRC’s procurement guidelines.
- Monitor and address referrals of complaints to provide timely feedback, according to the corresponding complaints feedback response mechanism and procedures
- Develop partnerships with local NGOs, INGOs and other stakeholders in the humanitarian community including cluster activities and coordinate with authorities at local level.
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/sectors, including in meetings with donors at national level related to WASH & Shelter, and ensure transparent coordination with the humanitarian architecture, the relevant working groups and NRC consortium partners.
- Facilitate donor visits at the area level when required
We welcome applications from all intersted candidates. Please submit early as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.
- Reports to: Area Manager (line management) and Head of Programs (technical management)
- Supervision of: WASH and Shelter Programme Coordinator
- Duty station: Gaza, Palestine
- Type of contract: 12 months, renewable based on funding, performance, and need for the position
Related Jobs (51)
Global Practice Leader – PPCM @ Dubai – United Arab Emirates on July 12, 2021 Full Time