Technical Interface Manager - Water Transmission Storage & Distribution @ Tabbuk - Saudi Arabia
- Post Date:July 12, 2021
- Views 123
Sector: Energy, Water & Food
In strengthening technical expertise within the Water Transmission, Storage & Distribution (WTS&D) Department, this key role is to act as technical interface between WTS&D (as client) and NEOM Projects Department (delivery of the project design, procurement, execution and closeout processes) to ensure that NEOM Water Standards are satisfied during design and construction. Will be required to work both in office and to visit construction sites to take part in progress meetings and to inspect/review construction methods, including ensuring that Heath, Safety, Quality & Environmental matters are adequately addressed.
Will work closely with others within the WTS&D department as well as with the Projects department. The ability to forge strong working relationships with third parties (including but not limited to other NEOM sectors & departments, contractors and consultants) is a pre-requisite.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Developing project scopes and objectives and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Facilitate the production of Interim Asset Briefs and coordination & handover to Projects Department.
- Working with other WTS&D Senior Managers and Water Programme Manager, help facilitate successful handover of Concept Designs to Project Department
- Involved in multiple stakeholder communication regarding project scope and objective development.
- Manage the relationship with all stakeholders, including but not limited to NEOM Projects, Government Services, NEOM Operations, Consultants and Contractors
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to Water Department
- Support Project Department in the delivery of Water projects.
- Ensure Water client responsibilities with respect to Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental are met.
- Review Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC) Plans
- Review Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Plans.
- Attend construction progress meetings representing Water Department as client
- Attend site to review/inspect the construction of the permanent work to ensure Water requirements are being met.
- Project evaluations and assessment of results
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.
- Facilitate the process of project turnover such as conducting walkthrough and manage all exception items.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Provide a clear and complete handover to project end users
Education & Experience
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 25 years of experience in the water industry, of which minimum 15 years as senior manager in a technical related role (client side)
- Experience in a dynamic complex commercial organization, engaged in multiple simultaneous projects
- Understanding of project management frameworks and experience developing planning, monitoring and evaluation systems
- Ability to provide detailed technical assessments, recommendations and influence people at all levels
- Innovative approach, eager to challenge the status quo
- Ability to focus on short- and long-term strategic objectives
- Leadership: Enable, motivate, and inspire the team to meet deliverables within project constraints by demonstrating commitment, expertise, confidence, genuine concern, and ability to help everyone solve challenges and achieve goals.
- Business Communications: Use the right language, tone, and storytelling techniques when communicating, describing, or explaining issues over email, chat, reports, presentations, and other forms and channels of communication.
- Decision-Making: Make prompt, informed, and fact-based decisions for the good of the project.
- Accountability: Embrace ownership of and accountability for the project.
Related Jobs (18)
Instrument & Controls Engineer @ Jazan – Saudi Arabia on July 12, 2021 Full Time
E&I Engineer Waste water treatment Plant Job @ Maldives on April 1, 2021 Full Time
Mechanical/Electrical Engineer @ Ryadh – Saudi Arabia on March 30, 2021 Full Time