Sudan nationals WASH Project Manager @ South Kordofan - Sudan
- Post Date:July 10, 2021
- Views 808
Position Type: Full-Time
Organization Type: NGO/Civil Society
Experience Level: 3-4 Years
NRC in Sudan has an area office in the State of South Kordofan, Kadugli. We are recruiting for a WASH Project Manager who will implement delegated WASH project portfolio.
- Contribute to needs assessments, including protection risks and needs, and provide area specific information and input to Core Competency Program Development Manager’s (PDM) / Head of Program and Area Manager for proposal development.
- Responsible for development and follow up of detailed project work plans, spending plan, M&E plan and resource plan for the WASH projects on area level.
- Scale up and diversify WASH operational capacity to ensure high standard project implementation and potential expansion.
- Overall accountable for monitoring and oversight of technical quality of WASH projects and maintain transparency of implementation.
- Support the consideration and inclusion of cash-based interventions and market-based approaches within (and across) NRC core competency responses, where appropriate
- Overall accountable for quality assurance of NRC GORS WASH data for the area
- Responsible for mainstreaming of protection in project implementation in line with NRC Protection Policy and guidelines.
- Contribute with WASH specific contextual analysis with input to the contingency plan and contribute to WASH related activities as a part of RRM in the area.
- Responsible for seeking support and mentoring on technical issues from Specialists/PDM/Advisors (Regional or Global) and complying with WASH technical directions to ensure high quality and cost-efficient projects targeting the beneficiaries most in need of protection.
- Participate in coordination mechanisms such as the relevant sector working groups, and coordinate closely with relevant local authorities and humanitarian actors at area level.
- Participate in the recruitment of project staff in the respective area and manage performance and staff development of staff reporting to Project Manager.
- Responsible for a management culture, a working and learning environment in line with NRC’s values and leadership/management framework.
For detailed information, please click on the job description.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Technical WASH expertise from rural and urban contexts, including experience with construction of water surface systems.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the context in South Kordofan
- Experience with start-up of new programs is an advantage
- Strong experience in community driven WASH programming
- Strong inter-personal, communication and network-building skills
- Strong organisational and team working skills
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
What We Offer
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility: At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
- 12 months fixed term contract renewable subject to funding and performance
- Mid-level Grade 8 in NRC’s grade structure
- An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause.
- A chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields.
Internal candidates are encouraged to apply but we are also open to external applicants who can show a commitment to NRC and being part of a challenging, but important mission to make a difference.
To apply as an internal candidate, click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site.
**Apply by completing all the system required fields of your experience in your application**
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organization helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety, and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks but will never be able to take away all risks.
Related Jobs (17)
Senior Hydraulic Modeler – Water Networks @ Saudi Arabia on July 10, 2021 Full Time
Senior Advisor, WASH Monitoring & Evaluation and Research on April 9, 2021 Full Time
Sub-national WASH Sector Coordinator @ North East Syria on April 5, 2021 Consultancy