Senior Process Engineer IGCCSyngasClaus; Wastewater; Combined Cycle @ Jazan - Saudi Arabia
- Post Date:June 4, 2021
- Apply Before: August 3, 2021
- Views 96
- Process Units: Shell Residue Gasification; Soot & Ash Recovery; Rectisol Acid Gas Removal; Sour Water Stripping; Membrane and PSA Hydrogen Recovery from the produced syngas; Claus Sulphur Recovery including SCOT treatment of the tail gas.
- Combined Cycle Power Generation: Syngas fired Gas Turbines, HRSGs, Steam Turbines and Process Steam Systems
- Water Treatment including Desalination (reverse osmosis), Ion Exchange (Polisher and Condensate Treatment) and all Boiler Feed Water Preparation for a Syngas-fired Combined Cycle Power Plant, which will include the production of steam for all process units at site.
- Wastewater Treatment including Oil Removal, Decyanidation Process, Multiflo/Actiflo Metals Removal and MBBR Treatment to achieve RO feed specification
- Utilities including Sea Water Cooling, Closed Cooling Water Systems, Fuel Gas Systems, Chilled Water, and Flare Header System.
We are seeking candidates who will provide & maintain a safe work environment for yourself & others; be willing to challenge unsafe situations and collaboratively work to resolve them; and demonstrate leadership with all company & industry safe work processes to prevent injuries.
Positions are available for candidates at varying levels of experience for Process Engineers or Senior Process Engineers.
Candidates with expertise related to the Jazan facility are sought, specifically in the processing areas listed in the summary.
As a Process Or Senior Process Engineer At The Jazan IGCC You Will Support The Commissioning And Operations Phases Of The Project By
- Support and participate in all commissioning activities including Commissioning Engineering Support, Commissioning and Start-up Procedure Review and Pre-Start-up Safety Review.
- Support reviews of process safety hazards prior to start-up including providing input for review Safety Integrity Level assessments and Layer of Protection Analysis.
- Support field validation of SIS and DCS systems with Control and Process Control engineers.
- Help support operations during first start-up to guide Operations and ensure safe start-up.
- Provide engineering support to identify performance gaps, troubleshoot problems, and develop solutions to resolve plant operating issues.
- Develop and perform the performance testing program for the facility following successful start-up
- Provide technical support for developing and driving improvements to meet financial targets.
- Provide process safety support, including technical and safety reviews for changes to the plant.
- Provide effective interfaces with technical functions in other departments, laboratory, and Operations Managers.
- Support development and execution of minor projects and plant modifications and expansions.
- Provide engineering technical support to maintain safe, efficient, and reliable plant operations of the plant
- Provide training to operations and engineering as appropriate
- Maintain accurate document masters and monitor quality assurance initiatives
- Establish & maintain compliance with all company and local regulations
- Provide engineering support to develop the annual budget for process equipment, maintenance, and repair programme.
- Employ appropriate project development and project management activities (including scope, budget, schedule, execution strategies, risk plans, cost collection / reporting, etc.) for the execution of all projects and turnaround activities.
- Promote an atmosphere of team spirit through good example, open communication, good listening, and timely problem resolutions.
- Foster and support positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Drive continuous improvement in safety performance, reliability, and cost of quality goals.
- Support, mentor, and develop Process Engineers
The position requires teamwork, good communications, organization, change management, work process optimization, planning, leadership, and hands-on technical skills with comprehensive knowledge across engineering disciplines.
The requirements below are the minimum requirements for the Process Engineering positions:
- Must be a Saudi resident or be able to obtain a Saudi visa/IQAMA, and be willing to work in Jazan, KSA
- Have a minimum of 15 years experience, including in plant engineering and operations support.
- Have in-depth experience with one or more of the processes and technologies utilised in the facility.
- Have experience with managing project process documentation, including P&IDs. functional logic tables. alarm and trip settings. critical safety tables. control strategies. and operating procedures/training manuals through commissioning, start-up and operation.
- Have a solid understanding of fundamentals of chemical process and reaction engineering and thermodynamics.
- Candidates should also possess demonstrated mathematical, analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills, and have the ability to reason logically and systematically and communicate this clearly.
- Must place an emphasis on safety, teamwork, and aptitude toward challenging work.
- Possess a high proficiency in English speaking and writing. In addition to English, fluency in Arabic is desired, although not required.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively throughout all levels within the organization.
- Have a keen interest to learn and use this to improve the operation of the IGCC facility.
- Have knowledge of industry codes and standards applicable to Oil and Gas and Refining Industries (API, ISA, NEC / IEC, NFPA, ASME, etc.) and preferably also Saudi Aramco standards and working practices will be an advantage.
- Be a strong and effective leader of a team of process engineers or a dedicated multi-disciplinary technical task force.
- Be a good communicator with the ability to develop calculations, written procedures, reports, and executive reports & presentations of technical work to a variety of audiences.
- Have strong Process Safety Management experience.
- Have strong planning, coordination, and risk management skills.
- Have the ability to lead and mentor junior engineers.
- Have knowledge and understanding of local statutory / regulatory requirements.
- Ideally have knowledge of Saudi Aramco specifications and standards.
Related Jobs (47)
Project Manager – Water Wastewater @ Riyadh – Saudi Arabia on June 13, 2021 Full Time
Chemist (Wastewater treatment) @ Wadi El Natroun – Egypt on May 27, 2021 Full Time