Senior Hydraulic Modeler - Water Networks @ Tabbuk - Saudi Arabia
- Post Date:May 12, 2021
- Views 201
Sector: Energy, Water & Food
The Senior Hydraulic Modeler (Water Networks) is a key role within the NEOM WATER team, responsible for overseeing the generation and development of the hydraulic models, which are the central resource for the planning, design, optimization, control and automation of the Water Transmission and Distribution networks. These networks convey and deliver the efficient and safe supply of water to the NEOM region.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Manage the development and maintenance of the NEOM Water utility company Hydraulic Model, for transmission and distribution networks.
- Utilize the development of Hydraulic models to help implement smart network solutions, including the generation of a digital twin of the hydraulic systems.
- Provide integration of the model with real time data and field assessment to develop the operational strategy for the utility operations.
- Expert user of hydraulic analysis software and development of design solutions for a rapidly expanding city.
- Able to relate to practical experience in the implementation of hydraulic packages to the delivery of water transmission and distribution systems.
- Model Build and calibration of water transmission and distribution networks
- Using network models for asset planning, operational and design purposes
- Water Distribution network analysis
- Management of Detailed Zonal Studies delivery, Pressure Management and DMA Design
- Undertake Model Maintenance
- System performance assessments
- Surge Analysis
- Options Analysis
- Leakage Management
- Development of sustainable, cost-effective and customer-focused solutions
- Management and co-ordination of site teams relating to site investigations, verification exercises and constructability reviews
- Preparation and presentation of technical reports and business cases
- Lead and present at internal and client / stakeholder meetings
- Experience and understanding of working practices and cultural norms within the Middle East utility sector and ability to communicate and challenge unacceptable performance in an effective manner.
- Ability to generate reports and compile data to form accurate and accountable records of performance standards.
- Forward thinking and willing to challenge typically accepted norms to achieve new working methods and practices.
- Be prepared to be challenged
Education & Experience: Qualifications
- Minimum BE/BSc, Environmental, Civil & Mechanical Engineering with strong and proven expertise in development of hydraulic transmission and distribution models and networks.
- Minimum of 10 years post graduate project experience
- Ideally Chartered Engineer with internationally recognised professional body.
- With extensive Consultancy or Utility experience in the water sector, you will be fluent with one or several of the following design packages InfoWorks WS, EPAnet, WaterGEMS, WaterHammer, WaterCAD, ESRI GIS, MapInfo.
Related Jobs (5)
Iraq nationals Irrigation Engineer @ Baghdad – Iraq on May 11, 2021 Full Time
Shelter & WASH Project Manager – Syria Response Office on February 10, 2021 Full Time