Sales & Proposal Engineer @ Cairo - Egypt
- Post Date:July 13, 2021
- Apply Before: September 11, 2021
- Views 46
WSP are looking for a Mechanical Inspector to supervise, monitor and inspect the construction activities carried out by contractor on site on behalf of employer in accordance with specification, approved drawings, and method statements.
The key objectives of the role will be to:
- Inspect and record the construction, Operation &Maintenance works carried out by contractor on site and resolve the site generated issues.
- Ensure performance of the work in strict accordance with the drawings and specification.
- Supervise and inspect ‘additional works’ and ‘out of scope works’ carried out by contractor.
- Process the joint measurement forms and maintain the records of their status.
- Maintain records of completed works for interim and final payment and as-built plans
- Make special notes and document the on the contractor’s activities that may lead to claims.
- Responsible for checking & verifying concrete mix design, ready mix concrete temperature, compaction, follow up concrete samples for testing, all joints and surface of concrete.
- Check all form works, reinforcement as per approved shop drawings etc
- Coordinate and co-operate with Contractors Site Foreman for all the activities.
- Adhere to safe working methods and report to Senior Engineer for any accidents on site, HSE issues.
- Maintain a detailed diary of the day’s work activities, issues, work approved or rejected, hours of operation, labor and equipment used etc., and sign at the end of each day.
- Responsible to check the `Day work records submitted by contractor.
- Maintain records of site resources, daily progress of work, inspections, construction and workshop drawings, method statements and ITPs (Inspector Testing Plans)
- Draft site instructions for any required variations from, or additions to, the contract documents.
In order to meet the challenge, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- 10 years of experience in supervision of water, wastewater treatment and STP projects.
- Knowledge of inspection test plans and procedures.
- Work experience with consultants for Inspection of total construction activities on site.
- Familiar with use of computer languages – Microsoft office and Auto Cad.
- Driving license (experience) will be beneficial.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world’s leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
Related Jobs (16)
Sales Specialist – Water Treatment Segment (Cairo, Egypt) on July 15, 2021 Full Time