Project Manager AICS (WaSH) @ El Fasher - Sudan
- Post Date:July 10, 2021
- Views 450
COOPI is looking for a Project Manager AICS – WaSH in Sudan
COOPI has been present in Sudan since 2004. The recent history of Sudan is marked by strong disorders and violence, expressions of a civil war that on several occasions has shaken the country since its independence.
Since 2019, COOPI’s interventions focused in the Kassala region that for a long time has been the scene of armed clashes and particularly hit by periods of severe drought. Furthermore, following the civil war in nearby Ethiopian region of Tigray, thousands of people fled through the border in search of protection. This made COOPI in front line organizing first field assessment and emergency support.
This crisis is expected to move from Ethiopia a large number of refugees, probably up to 200.000 (UNHCR estimation) with a perspective of a medium long emergency response intervention in Kassala and Gedaref. To allow the management of these activities and to ensure access to basic services for the hosting population and refugees, different interventions are going to be carried out, in the field of water-hygiene, food security and camp management.
Purpose of the role
The Project Manager is:
- responsible for the overall activities’ planning, execution and reporting of the project;
- directly assigned to, and responsible of the supervision of all logistics, HR, financial and overall functioning aspects for the project.
Reports to the Head of Mission/Program Manager
We encourage international staff already in the country to apply.
- Coordinate and directly supervise the project, guaranteeing its correct implementation in conformity with contractual obligations and donors’ procedures, and in line with the COOPI’s procedures and management standards;
- Is responsible for the preparation of projects’ reports and all monitoring documents requested by the coordination.
- Coordinate the procurement process with the Logistician in Khartoum as needed and ensure all logistics needs are delivered in a timely manner;
- Manage all procurement processes in accordance with COOPI policies and procedures, in a transparent, accountable, efficient and cost effective manner;
- Ensure that all procurements are tracked and recorded appropriately to guarantee accountability to the donor;
- Oversee collecting quotations for all supplies;
- Ensure anti corruption focus in procedures and trainings;
- Establish filing systems/archives according to COOPI standards in all offices;
- Initiate and maintain necessary leases, licenses and contracts with relevant authorities and suppliers.
- Is responsible for the local project staff management and training, for the area of competence, in close cooperation with the relative functions at Country Coordination level;
- Coordinate the expatriate staff, monitor their activities, and participate to the staff evaluation, together with the Head of Mission.
- Oversee the recruitment, training, organization and management of local staff needed for the ongoing project implementation.
Education / Experiences
- University degree relevant subject (post graduate degree required);
- Experience in working with AICS;
- Experience in Emergency Response and community driven response, at least 3 years;
- Fluency in English language;
- Strong technical expertise in WaSH, cash voucher assistance and related activities;
- Good knowledge of humanitarian standard and background (ex. Sphere standard);
- Good report writing skills;
- Advanced IT skills;
- Previous experience in the region is an asset.
- Proactive aptitude in terms of planning and coordination with different bodies, institutions and Reference Points;
- Target oriented and problem solving aptitude;
- Good leadership skills, aimed at managing and motivating a team;
- Positive ability to bear stressful and complicated situations;
- Diplomatic and confidentiality skills.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. For more than 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.
Related Jobs (17)
Senior Hydraulic Modeler – Water Networks @ Saudi Arabia on July 10, 2021 Full Time
Sudan nationals WASH Project Manager @ South Kordofan – Sudan on July 10, 2021 Full Time
Senior Advisor, WASH Monitoring & Evaluation and Research on April 9, 2021 Full Time
Sub-national WASH Sector Coordinator @ North East Syria on April 5, 2021 Consultancy