Project Coordinator (PC) @ Tunis - Tunisia
- Post Date:March 17, 2021
- Views 362
Experience Level: 10+ Years
Degree Required: Advanced Degree (Master’s or JD)
Languages Required: Arabic
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is implementing a project entitled “Monitoring, evaluation and rationalization of water use for Agriculture Sector in Libya” within the framework of the Regional Water Scarcity Initiative of FAO in Near East and North Africa region. The project will help to build a collaborative framework between the General Water Authority and all its national partners to exchange data, systems and expertise for improving current data collection, monitoring and analysis in order to derive more timely and accurate information on agricultural water use indicators at national level (crops, irrigated, rainfed, areas, quantity of used water).
The Project Coordinator will be placed under the overall Supervision of the Head of Office, FAO Representation in Libya and the technical supervision of the Land and Water Officer for North Africa (SNE), Regional Office for the Near East and North Africa (RNE).
The project coordinator will manage, coordinate and administer project activities.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The project Coordinator will perform the following tasks:
- Oversee the line management and implementation of the project by making best use of available human and financial resources, and ensure that FAO procedures are followed throughout;
- Prepare and implement a logical framework, a detailed workplan and budget using a log frame analysis, including targets to be met, and resources to be allocated; based on the objectives, results and activities presented in the project document, as well as input from local coordination at country level;
- Be responsible for the set-up and management of the project technical, managerial, and administrative monitoring system;
- Review progress made towards the workplan proposed as well as the stated objectives and results on a quarterly basis;
- Prepare and/or review Terms of Reference (TORs) for different staff, consultants, contracts, Letters of Agreement and monitor their delivery against agreed timeline and quality.
- Organize and manage the process of continuous communication with project stakeholders,
- Lead the development of communication products and ensure the visibility of the project activities and results in relevant forums, networks and medias.
- Research, compile and organize information and reference content from various sources in order to produce reports; create spreadsheets and presentations; manage and update databases to develop mailing lists and other information; maintain paper and computer records;
- Ensure the review and publication of relevant project reports through the publication workflow System (PWS) of FAO.
- Perform the coaching of the national coordinator and local multidisciplinary teams for smooth coordination and reporting of field works.
- Act as a Secretary for the Project technical task force (PTF), i.e. contribute to the organization of meetings, hold responsibility for the timely compilation, clearance by all concerned parties and distribution of the PTF minutes of meetings.
- Meet all reporting requirements in line with FAO rules and procedures and prepare reports, such as: An inception report providing a detailed workplan; monthly progress briefs; Quarterly progress reports outlining progress of actual work against planned, problems encountered, findings and detailed planning for the next period including required corrective measures; A final report outlining project results, recommendations and impact, lessons learned and follow-up actions; Different technical reports as outlined in the outputs and activities (synthesis document, monitoring manual, etc.), with the assistance of the other consultants, and inputs from service providers and project partners;
- Be responsible for obtaining all the necessary timely clearance for any documents, reports, press release, web information;
- Liaise with the FAO office in Libya for the coordination with the selected implementing partner(s).
- Perform any other duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- An advanced university degree in project management, water resource management, Remote sensing and GIS or related fields (PhD or at least Masters’ degree or equivalent degree) .
- At least 12 years of professional experience and technical ability to manage and effectively coordinate a project on RS/GIS for water or agriculture sectors.
- Working knowledge of English and Arabic;
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Good capacity for strategic thinking and planning;
- The knowledge of French language is desirable
Related Jobs (42)
Water Transfer Project – Head of Development Algeria on April 19, 2022 Consultancy Full Time
Wastewater Treatment Technician (Dammam, Eastern, Saudi Arabia) on July 27, 2021 Full Time
Resident Engineer – Micro tunnel @ Abu Dhabi – UAE on July 13, 2021 Full Time