Project Controls Manager (Cairo, Egypt)
- Post Date:August 8, 2021
- Views 1016
Requisition ID: 235481
Requisition Posting End Date: 07/10/2021
This job requisition is for the early identification of candidates for prospective work in Cairo Egypt.
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
Bechtel’s Infrastructure business continues to expand across the world leading large scale Engineering, Construction, and projects including railways, airports, motorways, and even entire cities. Infrastructure is the architecture that ties communities and grows economies. In addition to helping our customers bring these transformational projects to completion, we place a heavy emphasis on maximizing local content, providing jobs during the construction process and skills local teams can use for new opportunities and career growth long after we leave.
Bechtel Infrastructure is hiring Project Controls Managers with experience on large scale Engineering, Construction, and Project Management projects. General duties are:
- Responsible for effective execution of Project Controls programs on an assigned large or major project/program in accordance applicable Project Controls Department Procedures.
- Directs project control activities. Develops, interprets, and executes policy, objectives, and standards applicable to cost and schedule control and analysis activities.
- Prepares the Project Controls Plan for assigned project/program.
- Reviews and approves Earned Revenue Determination Data, Proposal Financial Summaries, Project Financial Status Reports, and Charge for Project Working Capital calculations for assigned project/program.
- Reviews contract drafts for adequacy of cost and scope definition and Project Controls requirements. Coordinates development of all data in support of negotiations.
- Prepares, coordinates, and directs Project Controls presentations to Bechtel and client management, as required.
- Plans staffing needs for assigned project/program. Conducts personnel performance reviews and career counseling. Interviews candidates for employment and makes recommendations for employment decisions. Participates in the development and training of assigned personnel and the implementation of on-the-job and classroom training programs.
- Advocate, promote and engage Bechtel’s health, safety and environmental policies and initiatives. Take personal responsibility to ensure your own and others’ health and safety – including those who may be affected by the delivery of this role.
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Thorough knowledge of and demonstrated experience in directing cost engineering functions, including cost estimating, control, and analysis, and planning and scheduling functions, including schedule development, control, and analysis. Experience and demonstrated skill in establishing criteria and system set up for Project Controls activities.
- Demonstrate the skills to facilitate progress, identify deviations, risks, issues and facilitate corrective actions. Requires experience and a cultural understanding of project management.
- Overseas service in an international work location, preferably Egypt, working with a multi-national workforce is preferred.
- Must have demonstrated strong supervisory skills commensurate with management level responsibility and demonstrated skill in using independent judgment.
- Skilled in oral and written communication, with demonstrated ability to present Project Controls information to management.
- Demonstrated skill in identifying, assessing, and solving problems.
- Good knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and start-up / set up work processes.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience. Knowledge of current industry and technical developments.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction, or related field and minimum of 15 years of project controls experience.
Related Jobs (54)
Water Transfer Project – Head of Development Algeria on April 19, 2022 Consultancy Full Time
Wastewater Treatment Technician (Dammam, Eastern, Saudi Arabia) on July 27, 2021 Full Time
Resident Engineer – Micro tunnel @ Abu Dhabi – UAE on July 13, 2021 Full Time