Principal Engineer Water & Waste Water Treatment (Jizan, Saudi Arabia)
- Post Date:July 27, 2021
- Views 645
Provision of professional engineering discipline support to the program projects with particular emphasis on preparation of water and wastewater treatment. Promoting and maintaining the technical adequacy, uniformity, and quality of the project designs in the primary areas of water and wastewater treatment.
Member of the Engineering Department professional staff. Reports professionally to the TSS Discipline Manager.
Major Activities Performed
- Perform field inspections and evaluate existing WTP & WWTP facilities, review improvement plans prepared by external and internal consultants.
- Collect data, meet with water utility agency, and prepare written memorandums, meeting notes, technical reports and correspondence on various water & waste water system issues.
- Present the resolve of various issues in various meetings
- Determine the need of future facilities such as water treatment plants, reservoir, tanks, transmission lines, pipe lines and other facilities based on various stages of development.
- Prepare and review the layout of each water and wastewater systems, including location of all tanks and reservoirs, pump stations, water/wastewater treatment plants, and other major facilities.
- Prepare the water section report or other reports that identify the various water and wastewater systems improvements needed, including cost and schedule.
- Identify any current deficiencies and capacity of the existing system and the planning of new water systems.
- Provide technical guidance to management on all aspects of the water and wastewater plants and present finding to management for approval.
Experience & Qualifications
A recognized University Degree in Civil or Chemical Engineering with minimum (15) years post-graduate professional experience. Masters in Civil Engineering or Chemical Engineering would be an asset.
- Western Charted/Professional Engineer (PE) registration required.
- The ability to communicate effectively in English is essential.
- Specific technical requirements are:
Experience in preparing hydraulic calculations, computer modeling of water & wastewater systems, water demand analysis and water system planning for existing and proposed development areas. o Must have demonstrable expertise in the design of major water system improvement, preparing hydraulic calculations and analysis, evaluation of water systems, water treatment facilities, conducting various water studies for Cities or municipalities. o Experience in working with local municipality or water district in the design of major water facilities and systems. o Knowledgeable in the preparation of the Capital Improvement Program (CIP) based on continued development of a growing City. o Proficient with the following software MS Word, Excel, AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Water CAD, Sewer CAD, BioWin/GPS-X or equivalent major water modeling software.
Related Jobs (59)
Wastewater Treatment Technician (Dammam, Eastern, Saudi Arabia) on July 27, 2021 Full Time
Resident Engineer – Micro tunnel @ Abu Dhabi – UAE on July 13, 2021 Full Time