Pressure Vessel Engineer @ Jizan - Saudi Arabia
- Post Date:July 12, 2021
- Views 81
The purpose is to lead in providing Engineering oversight to ensure the safe & reliable operation of all facilities under JIGPC in Jazan, Saudi Arabia.
Nature & Scope
As a member of the site engineering team, the Pressure Vessel Engineer is expected to lead the interaction with plant operations, maintenance, and engineering personnel to provide “hands-on” field-engineering & troubleshooting support, instructions, and technical guidance related to the IGCC facility operating units including, but not limited to:
- Process Units: Gasification, Hydrogen Recovery, Sulfur Removal, Soot & Ash Recovery, Sulfur Recovery, Closed Cooling Water Systems, Fuel Gas Systems, Waste Water Treatment, Chilled Water, and Flare System.
- Power Block: Gas Turbines, HRSG, and Steam Turbines.
- Utilities: Desalination, Water Treatment, Sea Water Cooling, Steam/BFW/Condensate, and Sea Water Intake
The plant assets include a variety of mechanical equipment including, but not limited to: pressure vessels, heat exchangers, and pressure systems such as piping, piping connections, piping support systems, piping insulation; spring hangers; hoses, materials handling equipment; refractory systems; manual valves and specialty piping items; dust suppression systems; fire protection systems; and a wide variety of stationary equipment (filter presses, bag houses, silos, etc.).
The position emphasizes teamwork, communications, organization, change management, work process optimization, planning, leadership, and hands-on technical skills with comprehensive knowledge across engineering disciplines.
- Provide & maintain a safe work environment for self & others. Employ good housekeeping methods and demonstrate leadership with all company & industry safe work processes to prevent injuries.
- Lead in the provision of engineering evaluation & determinations, issue technical direction & guidance, and oversee Inspection & Quality Assurance initiatives for all mechanical equipment and pressure systems troubleshooting, maintenance, calibration, repair, and test activities.
- Lead in the provision of engineering support & guidance during the construction & commissioning of the plants. Maintain accurate documentation for plant’s mechanical equipment and pressure systems and validate commissioning activities and performance parameters. Monitor quality assurance initiatives including equipment installation & assembly, alignment, cleanliness, integrity, etc.
- Lead in the provision of engineering input for development & preservation of equipment standards, procedures, best practices, inspection contracts, and contractor selection guidelines.
- Develop detailed engineering specifications, evaluate quotations, perform technical bid evaluations & vendor document review.
- Maintain compliance with all Critical Safety Circuits (CSS), Safety Integrity Levels (SIL), and Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) implementation and revalidation programs.
- Develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive risk-based inspection and calibration program for all mechanical equipment and pressure systems.
- Establish & maintain a relationship with the local inspection bureau, maintain relevant statutory, regulatory, technology standards, and code information consistent with JIGPC plant operational objectives and local regulations.
- Provide engineering support to project development and project management activities (including scope, budget, schedule, execution strategies, risk plans, cost collection / reporting, etc.) for the execution of all projects and turnaround activities.
- Provide engineering support to develop the annual budget for mechanical equipment and pressure systems maintenance, repair, and major turn-around activities.
- Promote an atmosphere of team spirit through good example, open communication, good listening, and timely problem resolutions.
- Drive continuous improvement in safety performance, reliability, and cost of quality goals.
- Establish & maintain relationships with regional pressure system equipment suppliers
- Foster and support positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Participate at professional association meetings to determine best practices being used in the industry and apply them to our pressure systems.
- Engineering graduate (BSME preferred) with 10-15 years of relevant experience in chemical / refinery / gas plant maintenance / inspection / engineering.
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards applicable to Oil and Gas and Refining Industries (API, ISA, NEC / IEC, NFPA, ASME, etc.) and preferably also Saudi Aramco standards and working practices
- Detailed knowledge and working experience with predictive and reliability-based maintenance methodologies, mechanical equipment and pressure systems engineering, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair.
- Experience in leading and guiding maintenance/technical employees needed.
Employment Status Full Time
Business Sector / Division MEIET Operations
Region Middle East, Egypt, Turkey (MEET)
Country Saudi Arabia
Related Jobs (33)
Wastewater Treatment Technician (Dammam, Eastern, Saudi Arabia) on July 27, 2021 Full Time
Chemical Engineer @ Eastern Province – Saudi Arabia on July 13, 2021 Full Time