Mechanical Maintenance Head @ Sulaibiya, Kuwait
- Post Date:January 6, 2021
- Views 225
Who we are?
With 90,000 people on five continents, SUEZ is a world leader in smart and sustainable resource management. We provide water and waste management solutions that enable cities and industries optimize their resource management and strengthen their environmental and economic performances.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for Mechanical Maintenance Head, whom will be reporting directly to Maintenance Manager and he will be responsible for the mechanical functions for the water reclamation plant. This position is to guide, control and supervises mechanical team in performing preventive, proactive and corrective maintenance works in water reclamation plant to enable continuity of production with continuous equipment uptime.
What will you be doing?
The Mechanical Maintenance Head, reporting directly to Maintenance Manager. is responsible for the mechanical functions for the water reclamation plant. This position is to guide, control and supervises mechanical team in performing preventive, proactive and corrective maintenance works in water reclamation plant to enable continuity of production with continuous equipment uptime.
- To ensure that all required activities necessary to achieve the maintenance, repairs & modification works of the plant are carried out in accordance with the project objectives, schedule, cost and quality.
- To report and assist the maintenance manager on the accomplishment of all maintenance activities of the plant with respect to the safety requirements and proper operation of the plant.
- To support maintenance manager in all aspects of plant maintenance, manpower & material assessment, work schedule, material cost, tools and Safety requirements for mechanical maintenance scope of works.
- Day-to-day support of Plant operations and maintenance including planning and scheduling.
- Perform on-site installation of systems and equipment and ongoing preventive maintenance, repair and calibration after installation.
- Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services.
- Provide technical instruction and assistance to the team and other disciplines regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at site.
- Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability.
- Perform administrative functions; such as writing technical reports, ordering materials and spare parts, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, time sheet and expense sheets and preparing yearly budget forecast.
- Perform regular reviews to maintain an inventory of tools, supplies and parts needed for various types of equipment to support maintenance activities.
- Maintain knowledge of the reporting system to the extent required for timely and accurate input of field information into SAP CMMS system.
- Provide leadership and technical direction to the team performing work on site.
- Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within safety standards and EHS procedures at site.
- Provide routine maintenance checkout along with problem-solving for wide range of equipment.
- Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and approval.
- Coordinate plant shutdowns to attain all essential schedules.
- Coordination with management, operation and other department head for smooth running of the plant.
- Perform other tasks as directed.
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems.
- Control maintenance tools, stores, equipment, monitor and control maintenance costs
- Plan maintenance strategies to guidelines deal with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice maintenance vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on Maintenance activities.
- Effectively delegate any maintenance issues to be resolved and small projects to the right skills in the team, planning and managing effective works.
- Optimize equipment according to standard procedure, enhancing performance and product quality, ensuring the achievement of all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing Maintenance team that meets agreed objectives, and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements
- Respond to technical issues with OEM and coordinate with vendor/sub-contract to ensure the quality of services provided
SUEZ is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage all applications.
Related Jobs (17)
Water product application specialist @ Manama – Bahrain on July 9, 2021 Full Time
Mechanical/Electrical Engineer @ Ryadh – Saudi Arabia on March 30, 2021 Full Time