LEGAL COUNSEL (122323) @ Dubai, DUBAI United Arab Emirates
- Post Date:January 27, 2021
- Views 810
SCOPE & PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Assisting Veolia on the life cycle of a project finance transaction (in respect of the legal documents) in the utility sector (waste, water and energy) .
- Providing all business and legal affairs support required by the business of Veolia in the GCC.
- Managing corporate matters of select subsidiaries of Veolia in the GCC.
This includes delivering first hand, first class business and legal affairs support on matters of key strategic, financial and reputational importance to the business
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Understanding of the life cycle of a project finance transaction from bid phase to financial close. In particular, understanding of the fundamentals of financing documents that are customary in a project finance transaction on IWP, ISTP, I(W)PPs in the GCC region.
- Flexibility in working on both the project agreements and financing documents involved in a typical project financing in the GCC.
- Assisting the CFO (in Dubai) with queries and tasks related to day-to-day matters on projects undertaken by Veolia.
- Understanding of commercial contracts in the procurement / construction sector (supply agreements, consultancy agreements, purchase orders etc).
- Legal structuring of utilities and infrastructure projects (particularly in the water, energy and waste field of activities), in close collaboration with the business development team and dedicated experts located at Veolia headquarters
- Conceiving, drafting, negotiating and implementing contractual and legal solutions fit for the context of the business matters to be addressed by Veolia in the GCC region and contributing to reinforcing Veolia’s position towards partners, suppliers and customers by providing secured legal solutions in all business relationships setting up of partnerships, bid review process, drafting & negotiation of commercial contracts and project agreements, including O&M contracts, EPC contracts, shareholders’ agreement etc.
- Supporting the operations team throughout the implementation of a project that has been awarded to Veolia (in particular during the construction phase), including the contract management
- Taking care of all corporate tasks in relation to select affiliated companies of Veolia in the GCC region, including supporting the local teams for renewal of licences, appointment/ replacement of directors, etc, in close coordination with the Head of Corporate Affairs AME based in Paris.
- Interface with external consultants (especially law firms) and other internal support functions, including finance department
- In compliance with Veolia Group policy, and in close coordination with the Headquarters Litigation Department, interfacing with external counsels for management of pre-litigation issues and, on a case by case basis, certain litigation issues or litigation procedures in the GCC region
- Preparation of memos and folders for operations review submitted to the Group or Zone Investment Committee
- In coordination with the AME Risk & Compliance Officer, ensure compliance with policies and procedures issued by Veolia, monitor and report on non-compliance with policies or procedures, pending or threatened violations of law or ethical values of the Group
- More generally, support to the top management of Veolia Middle East in the follow-up of all legal matters
Profil recherché – Compétences requises
QUALIFICATIONS/ PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- You hold a law degree (ideally from a UK/US/NZ/AUS university) and have acquired a first experience of at least 3-5 years in an international law firm or in a legal department of a large group.
- Ideally a lawyer who has broad project finance experience in the utility sector in the GCC region . The ideal candidate must be familiar with English law contracts, with a particular focus on financing documents.
- Experience of IWPs/ ISTPs and with detailed knowledge and understanding of financing documents, WPAs/ STAs and other project documents preferred.
- English mother tongue; mastery of French language and arabic would be a plus
- Ability to work in a foreign or multicultural management environment
- Ability to timely deliver high quality legal advice in a practical and commercially focussed way in relation to all relevant matters that reduce risk, resolve issues and maximise the opportunity for the business to deliver on its goals
- Highest ethical standards
- Motivated and engaged as a team player
- Excellent drafting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ideal candidates would have a background in infrastructure or utility sectors
Related Jobs (42)
Water Transfer Project – Head of Development Algeria on April 19, 2022 Consultancy Full Time
Wastewater Treatment Technician (Dammam, Eastern, Saudi Arabia) on July 27, 2021 Full Time
Resident Engineer – Micro tunnel @ Abu Dhabi – UAE on July 13, 2021 Full Time