Instrument & Controls Engineer @ Jazan - Saudi Arabia
- Post Date:July 12, 2021
- Views 243
To provide Instrument & Controls engineering oversight to ensure the working and safe & reliable operation of IGCC plant facilities under JIGPC in Jazan, Saudi Arabia.
Nature & Scope
The Jazan IGCC is the world’s largest IGCC and ASU facility producing 2100 MMSCFD syngas, 18,000 MT/Day Oxygen and 4 Gigawatts of power. Facilities and assets include; residue gasification, acid gas clean up (Rectisol), soot ash recovery, sulphur recovery (Claus & Scot), combined cycle power plants, materials handling systems, hydrogen recovery, air separation, water utilities systems and waste water treatment facilities.
Properly functioning Instrumentation & Controls are critical to the safe, reliable, and efficient operation of the plant facilities and associated equipment & systems. As a member of the site engineering team, the Instrument Engineer will lead to interact routinely with plant operations, maintenance, and other engineering personnel to provide “hands-on” field-engineering & troubleshooting support, instructions, and technical guidance related to the site’s Instrumentation & Controls systems. The position emphasizes teamwork, communications, organization, change management, work process optimization, planning, leadership, and hands-on technical skills with comprehensive knowledge across other engineering disciplines.
Provide & maintain a safe work environment for self & others. Employ good housekeeping methods and demonstrate leadership with all company & industry safe work processes to prevent injuries.
You will provide process control engineering technical input and task leadership across the following:
- Lead in the provision of engineering evaluation & determinations, issue technical direction & guidance, and oversee inspection & quality assurance initiatives for all Instrument & Controls systems & equipment troubleshooting, maintenance, calibration, repair, and test activities.
- Lead in the provision of engineering support & guidance during the construction & commissioning of the plants. Maintain accurate document control and monitor quality assurance initiatives.
- Lead in the development of detailed engineering specifications (including sizing calculations) for the procurement of Instrument & Controls systems components and equipment.
- Lead in the provision of engineering input for development and maintenance of Instrument & Controls systems & equipment standards, procedures, best practices, inspection contracts, and contractor selection guidelines.
- Implement and maintain compliance with all Critical Safety Circuits (CSS), Safety Integrity Levels (SIL), and Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) implementation and revalidation programs.
- Provide engineering support for the troubleshooting, maintenance, calibration, repair, and test activities for the plant’s gas analyzers.
- Develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive risk-based inspection and calibration program for all Instrument & Controls systems & equipment.
- Establish & maintain a relationship with the local inspection bureau, maintain relevant statutory, regulatory, technology standards, and code information consistent with JIGPC plant operational objectives.
- Establish & maintain compliance with all company and local regulations.
- Employ appropriate project development and project management activities (including scope, budget, schedule, execution strategies, risk plans, cost collection / reporting, etc.) for the execution of all projects and turnaround activities.
- Provide engineering support to develop the annual budget for Instrument & Controls systems & equipment maintenance, repair, and major turn-around activities.
- Promote an atmosphere of team spirit through good example, open communication, good listening, and timely problem resolutions.
- Drive continuous improvement in safety performance, reliability, and cost of quality goals.
- Establish & maintain relationships with regional Instrument & Controls systems & equipment suppliers
- Foster and support positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Participate at professional association meetings to determine best practices being used in the industry and apply them to our Instrument & Controls systems & equipment.
- Support, mentor, and develop local I&C engineers.
- Engineering graduate (BSEE preferred) with >12 years of relevant experience in chemical / refinery / gas plant maintenance / inspection / engineering.
- Experience in Front end Loading engineering project development.
- Demonstrated “hands-on” ability to configure, calibrate, troubleshoot, and repair various plant process instrumentation related to temperature, pressure, flow, voltage, and other plant process variables.
- Experience with Siemens PCS7 and Honeywell Experion Distributed Control system (DCS), field instrumentation, gas analyzers, and control valves. A fundamental understanding of computer networks is desirable. Candidates should also possess demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, an ability to think logically and systematically.
- Knowledge & understanding with the principles of: Safety Integrity Level (SIL), Safety Instrumented System (SIS), Safety Instrumented Function (SIF), Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA)
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards applicable to Oil and Gas and Refining Industries (API, ISA, NEC / IEC, NFPA, ASME, etc.) and preferably also Saudi Aramco standards and working practices.
- Experience in the following areas is highly desirable: Gas and Water Analyzers/sampling systems, Analog Controls, Logic Controls and Profibus.
- Emphasis placed on safety, teamwork, and aptitude toward challenging work. Skills related to outage planning, organization and communication are highly desirable.
- Proficiency in English speaking and writing.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively throughout all levels within the organization.
- Experience in leading and guiding technical employees.
- Knowledge and understanding of local statutory / regulatory inspection requirements.
Req No. 31396BR
Employment Status: Full Time
Organization: Middle East, Egypt & Turkey
Business Sector / Division: MEIET Operations
Region: Middle East, Egypt, Turkey (MEET)
Country: Saudi Arabia
Related Jobs (18)
E&I Engineer Waste water treatment Plant Job @ Maldives on April 1, 2021 Full Time
Mechanical/Electrical Engineer @ Ryadh – Saudi Arabia on March 30, 2021 Full Time