Global Practice Leader – PPCM @ Dubai – United Arab Emirates
- Post Date:July 12, 2021
- Views 846
Job Location Australia, China, France, Ghana, Hong Kong, India, New Zealand, Nigeria, Qatar, Singapore, South Africa, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom
Company Industry Corporate Services
Job Role Project program and commercial management
Employment Type Full Time Employee
We are recruiting for a new Global Practice Lead for Project, Program & Commercial Management, the largest practice of Advisory services for Mott MacDonald, with the intent of growing the capabilities in this practice across the regions. The successful candidate will be expected to build on what has already been achieved in recent years by the existing PPCM practice community, with clear targets being defined in each region, with selective focus on specific sectors and clients, and where collaboration with other practices is essential. The role will full time and will include liaison with the operational business in support of opportunity development and service delivery.
The appointment can be based anywhere Mott MacDonald operates. An initial priority for this GPL position will be to implement agreed investment by Mott MacDonald on creating our MOATA based, digitalization of PPCM management and controls suite.
Our Global Practices are central to Mott MacDonald delivering our strategy, to enable the growth of capability and capacity of key skills, across the disciplines that our markets and clients require.
These global communities seek to provide opportunities through connected thinking across our Sectors and Regions and enable innovative solutions for delivering our clients objectives.
Each Practice is an internal professional network that spans organisational and geographical boundaries, consisting of staff joined together by a common area of professional interest, typically based around professions or sub-sectors.
Mott MacDonald provides a broad range of practices, being either Sector defined, or as in the case of Advisory, are sector agnostic, Service based.
The core practices for Advisory include:
- Project, Program and Commercial Management
- Infrastructure Development and Economics
- Asset Management
- Social Outcomes
The GPL will be accountable for their performance in this role to the Global Leader for Advisory services.
The role will entail both local and, on occasion, international travel where required, although the GPL will be encouraged to minimise this as part of managing our carbon footprint.
Practice Leaders are enablers, working as one global team, enhancing visibility, engaging with (Key) Account Leaders and our clients, safeguarding technical excellence and reputation.
They will also aim to advance staff capability, unlock innovation, share knowledge, foster best practice and drive sustainability. With the involvement of our leading practitioners, you will be expected to plan and deliver the global Practice objectives.
Our GPL’s play a critical role in delivering the Group’s global strategy and are responsible for leading Practice communities, while representing the business across the sectors.
The PPCM practice encapsulates many discrete service offerings across management, controls and additional niche disciplines, the majority of which are delivered in collaboration with a range of other technical practices. Whilst significant experience of PPCM related capabilities issues will be highly beneficial to undertake this role, it must be understood that the GPL role itself is not about deep technical expertise in all of these service lines, but is more about leading our practitioners to enable the added value we can bring to our internal and external partners and clients by improved approaches, thought leadership and excellence.
Practices exist to help achieve substantial profitable and sustainable growth of these service line globally, in this case positioning in the market, and internally across the other sectors.
The following attributes are expected for a Global Practice Leader:
- Experience and qualifications
- Demonstrable practical experience of successfully implementing PPCM based service lines, gaining wide recognition and becoming respected as a professionally competent person
- Cross sector engagement with the PPCM communities, ideally serving on appropriate institutional committees/boards.
- Exemplifies thought leadership, innovation and creation of best practice in one or more of the PPCM service lines, showing practice-based benefits.
- Possessing extensive experience in initiating, integrating and embedding digital solutions across the breadth of management and controls applications.
- Accredited/qualified in one or more of the PPCM service lines (i.e. APM, PMI, RICS etc.)
- Experienced in at least one leadership role on a world class PPCM commission.
- Skills, Gravitas & Leadership
- Excellent communication skills, including listening, presenting and writing, both in the technical language of the core services of the Practice and in plain English.
- Proven ability to develop a sense of community.
- Demonstrates passion about the subject
- Has a proactive attitude towards leading initiatives and driving improvement.
- Is able to inspire, encourage and mentor the Practice community.
- Is recognised as a leader in the field and respected for thought leadership.
- Build and optimise the network to provide joined-up leadership to deliver the Practice objectives.
- Operate as PPCM global ambassador, leading the identification, implementation and promotion of differentiated services, with particular emphasis on external engagement, globally and regionally.
- Provide leadership to the Regional Practice leaders/communities to identify and prioritise areas of regional growth, interfacing with other practices as required.
- Enable the development of Regional Practice plans, that set out specific objectives, actions, resources, and key deadlines, consolidating where global themes exist.
- Establish, monitor, and meet the annual Practice budget and, where appropriate request funding for any further specific/strategic internal initiatives.
- Report on the progress of the Practice, against the Practice Plan and the prioritized Practice Objectives to the Advisory Board.
- Support the global ECP community (Early Career Professional) via a PPCM ECP lead, in contributing to the delivery of the Practice objectives.
- Collaborate and communicate with other GPLs and their Practices to optimise the understanding of the PPCM service lines, supporting bids and projects together with (Key) Account Leaders who are facing clients requiring PPCM services.
Staff Capability and Services Quality
- Identify needs, and champion/support the recruitment of senior PPCM resources where these are needed in strategic growth areas.
- Undertake risk reviews for major pursuits and quality audits on major projects in support of our Technical Excellence Leaders.
- Standardisation, Automation and Delivery Efficiency
- Define and optimise standard work processes across the Practice to improve efficiency and profitability on projects.
- Drive appropriate standardisation/automation to improve efficiency, particularly through driving Digital Delivery across the Practice, in support of the Digital Delivery Network
Acting as an internal figurehead
- Support and enable change in the Group, so that the Group changes globally to embrace respond to our commitment to the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Ensure that the practice is proactive and coordinated in supporting the Group BMS team in managing “duty to warn” climate risks, and wider reputational exposure.
- Show leadership with clients and for large cross cutting pursuits and proposals in this area, working with Sectors, Regions and Units, and support the execution of major projects.
The application process
Read the information provided and if it sounds like the right role for you please apply online as soon as possible. Our online application process takes about 10 minutes and you’ll need to upload your CV along with a document outlining how you meet the criteria, note please ensure this is no longer than 2 pages. The application deadline is Friday 2nd of July when applications will be reviewed by the team to shortlist for interviews.
Note: a shortlist will be determined from the written applications and the shortlisted candidates will then be asked to attend an interview with a small panel of interviewers
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs. Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence Sustainability
Related Jobs (26)
Water Transfer Project – Head of Development Algeria on April 19, 2022 Consultancy Full Time