Engineering Manager @ Jebel Ali, DUBAI United Arab Emirates
- Post Date:January 6, 2021
- Views 302
SUEZ Water Technologies & Solutions looks for innovation everywhere. For more than 100 years, SUEZ has been at the forefront of innovation, from the SUEZ Canal to addressing water scarcity. Finding solutions to the world’s biggest problems has never been more important than right now. Join us today and become an essential part of the Resource Revolution!
Who are we looking for?
Project Engineering Manager Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering (preferred mechanical or chemical).
- Master’s degree in engineering management or business administration preferred.
- 10+ years of engineering experience in O&G industry, ideally in a management role.
- 5+ years of experience as engineering discipline leader for industrial water treatment applications.
- Experience with structured EPC Contractor (e.g. PETROFAC, FLUOR, MCDERMOTT, etc.) preferred.
- Familiar with the Engineering Stds such as API, NFPA, ASME, BS / EN etc. and Client Stds such as SHELL, ARAMCO, MOBIL etc.
- Analytical and mathematical mind, capable of evaluating and solving various complex problems.
- Leadership skills necessary to manage and develop a team.
- Organizational competencies and project management skills to keep projects, processes, and the entire engineering team on track.
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment.
- Interpersonal communication skills with expertise in distilling complicated topics to a broader audience.
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team.
What will you be doing?
We are seeking an experienced, detail-oriented project engineering manager to join our growing team. In this position, you will play a key role in the overall success of our organization by planning, managing, and monitoring engineering functions. You will be responsible for overseeing various engineering projects, processes, budgets, and timelines and making any necessary adjustments in order to ensure successful completion. In terms of reporting and responsibilities, the figure will respond to the Engineering Team Leader.
Project Engineering Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the engineering leader and technical expert, in order to verify that the constructability and operability of the design conform with the construction requirements.
- Answer questions and resolve issues brought forth by the engineering team members.
- Create detailed engineering plans, processes, and procedures for engineering staff to use and abide by.
- Check and confirm the accuracy of the work performed and the methods used by engineering staff.
- Hire, train, and supervise engineering staff members.
- Communicate and collaborate with other managers, suppliers, and contractors.
- Prepare and deliver various engineering-related presentations, both internally and externally.
- Ensure that the Engineering deliverables are identified, scheduled and completed according to the PROJECT schedule and constraints.
- Develop the detailed engineering and methods schedule within the framework of the general schedule, control its progress and regularly report it to the Project Manager and Deputy Project Manager.
- Provide engineering, queries and waivers information to Project control team for input in project reports.
- Ensure that the relevant procedures and plans are identified, established and implemented for the area of his responsibility. Ensure that all members of the engineering team are familiar with the requirements of the project quality plan.
- Submit engineering budget to Project Manager approval and once approved, control expenses and man hours spent.
- Assess the project risks for the relevant parts and liaise with Risk engineer. Develop a Risk and Opportunities attitude in its team.
- Attend contract documents review, analyse COMPANY technical documents and request from COMPANY, in agreement with the Project Manager, any necessary waivers.
Number of Job Openings: 1
SUEZ’s Water Technologies and Solutions (SWTS) offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
WTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Experience in Sales with background of Operations and Engineering Services
Related Jobs (41)
Wastewater Treatment Technician (Dammam, Eastern, Saudi Arabia) on July 27, 2021 Full Time
Resident Engineer – Micro tunnel @ Abu Dhabi – UAE on July 13, 2021 Full Time