Decontamination Technician (Nuclear Power Plant) Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
- Post Date:February 19, 2022
- Apply Before: June 20, 2022
- Views 410
Providing water, energy and waste management solutions for 160 years, Veolia offers public authorities and industries with a range of water, energy and waste management services vital to human development and sustainable growth in 48 countries around the world. We continue to adapt and innovate in step with economic growth and human development by designing and implementing solutions that will have a positive impact on the environment and resources.
Our goal is to build a better 21st century, we therefore see ourselves as #resourcers.
- More than 1,300 employees in the Middle East (in addition to the 4,000 employees from Enova which reports directly to Veolia Africa Middle East, for Facility Management and energy Efficiency contracts in the ME)
- A strong local network with 12 offices across the region (UAE, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar)
- 30 years of sustainable partnerships
- More than 6,000 references
In the Middle East, Veolia works with industries, governments and communities, retail and commercial businesses, to deliver innovative and sustainable solutions that are needed today, with the vision required for tomorrow.
Through public-private partnerships and innovative contractual schemes, Veolia is committed to achieving quantifiable results with sustainable, pragmatic environmental solutions.
Veolia Environmental Services Emirates (VESE) established in Abu Dhabi in 1997 is now looking for a Decontamination Specialist (Nuclear Power Plant).
With around 370 employees, VESE specializes in the management of both liquid and solid hazardous and non-hazardous waste. VESE is one of the leading companies in the waste management sector in the UAE. Its expertise spans the entire waste lifecycle, from collection to recycling, in order to recover end products as materials and energy. The company manages roughly 75,000 tonnes of commercial waste, over 3,000 tonnes of recyclables and more 1,500,000 tonnes of hazardous waste every year. Joining VESE is sharing the mindset of a company which values sustainability and is at the spearhead of ecological transformation.
- Support initial Reactor Containment Building (RCB) decontamination and general housekeeping such as wet mopping & cleaning of rooms
- Steam Generator platform decontamination during various plant activities
- Setup and operate underwater vacuuming equipment (i.e. Tri Nuclear system) for pool/canal clarity and fuel transfer pathways
- Diving operations in radioactive pools and canals. Decontamination activities for any material, equipment and tools removed from contaminated pools and canals
- Perform any required HEPA or vacuum cleaner filter change under the direction of Radiation Protection technicians
- Two (2) years or more related experience in Decontamination services in Nuclear Power Plant.
- Must have experience to operate tri-nuclear pump and associated equipment and change of spent filters
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English Language
Please send your application to: Uaerecruitment@veolia.com
As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal consideration to all applications, without discrimination.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete or exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities that will be carried out by the selected candidate.
Veolia Middle East does not and shall not discriminate in any forms in its recruitment processes.
Related Jobs (35)
Senior Sales Engineer – Petrochemical Process Solution on April 3, 2022 Full Time
Advanced Chemical Engineer – Oleflex – UOP – Abu Dhabi on February 10, 2022 Full Time
Wastewater Treatment Technician (Dammam, Eastern, Saudi Arabia) on July 27, 2021 Full Time
Chemical Engineer @ Eastern Province – Saudi Arabia on July 13, 2021 Full Time