Cost Control Supervisor @ Jazan – Saudi Arabia
- Post Date:May 26, 2021
- Apply Before: July 25, 2021
- Views 22
We are an international company made up of more than 38,500 employees and present in more than 40 countries on five continents. Leaders in innovation and technological development, it seeks experts in promoting sustainable development and finding solutions to the greatest global challenges, such as global warming, over population and water scarcity.
ACCIONA, in its Water business, needs to hire an Engineer to work in the operation of the plants that the company manages in Qatar.
- Manage the Cost Control department.
- Develop and maintenance of cost control procedures for the project.
- Development of policies, objectives and standards applicable.
- Develop the CBS of the project in conjunction with the managers of the different areas.
- Establish a cost baseline (“0” Budget) for measuring project performance.
- Managing the cost engineering, procurement and construction of the project.
- Participate with the Project Director to define the cost Project objectives.
- Ensure that the project cost objectives are meet.
- Controlling the rates and cost of the materials and labour.
- Update the official budget and subsequent revisions of the budget in the project control system.
- Interact with the project teams, especially with procurement, production, financial and engineering.
- Monitor cost performance to detect and understand variances from plan.
- Control, track and follow-up on subcontractor costs, actual progress, certifications, schedule, delays and variations (if any)
- Prepare unit prices, along with the construction & purchasing team, in accordance to the needs of the project, subcontracts and related matters.
- Calculate an EAC (Estimate at Completion) as a forecast of most likely total project costs.
- Ensure that the final changes are accurately record in the cost baseline.
- Analyse deviations and corrective actions proposed in conjunction with area managers.
- Proactively identify and recommend solutions to improve processes.
- Provide ‘Early Warning’ notifications as issues arise.
- Monthly provide to the Financial Department the information required to guarantee the update of the Cash Flow (CF).
- Control Operational Reserves and Contingencies.
- Provision of guidance and support to construction teams; including reporting structures and requirements, forecasting, timetable guidance, transparency.
- Update personnel schedules in terms of costs.
- Prepare according to the company’s calendar, the Project forecasts regarding Billing, Production and margin, based on the current Planning program.
- Monitor that all costs are record in the system and in the correct activity.
- Coordination with the accounts payable manager that all the provisions are on the system on time.
- Compare production with progress.
- Control and record Payment Claims and Change Orders.
- Promote teamwork, maintaining and promoting collaboration among the different areas of the project.
- Search out the “whys” of both positive and negative variances.
- Ensure the confidentiality of the data, communicating if there is any problem for compliance.
- Assist in the development of the management processes to identify and evaluate business areas risks and risk and control self-assessments.
- Management of cost transfers.
- Monitoring and control the project risks and opportunities.
- Control the performance rates of the Project through Earned Value in terms of costs.
- Preparation of integrated reports on cost including development of Key Performance Indicators.
- Cost Control advice to Operations Directors, Project Directors and project teams.
- Trend analysis and delay recovery identification.
- Reporting to the Project Director and Cost Madrid Head Office (timely and accurate preparation).
- Send analysis report to Project Director for the Steering Committee.
Bachelor´s Degree: Engineering (preferably Civil Engineer and Mechanical Engineer)
English: High level of English. C1 degree or similar (Complete professional competence)
At least 8 years in cost control on Site Experience
To take into account SEO knowledge.
Good knowledge of Office software, especially in Excel.
Must have Iqama transfer KSA
We are an equal opportunity company, and we are committed to diversity. We invite all people to register, regardless of their personal characteristics.
Related Jobs (6)
Sales Engineer, Industry Segment @ Alexandria -Egypt on May 26, 2021 Full Time