Consultancy for hydrogeological and geophysics studies in the west coast of Yemen
- Post Date:May 20, 2021
- Apply Before: June 19, 2021
- Views 56
Job number: SRH04265
Domaine de competence: Water Sanitation and Hygiene promotion
Type de poste: Overseas missions
Contract Type: Consultant
ABOUT THE MISSION
REF: IOF ALM WSH 044 YEM 2021
LOCATION: Solidarites international – Yemen, Aden
DATE: Aden, 5/14/2021
SUBJECT: Consultancy to conduct localized hydrogeological, geophysics and related studies of surface, subsurface and ground water sources in four districts on the west coast of yemen, the middle east.
Dear Madam, Sir,
Solidarites International (SI), in collaboration with the Ministry of Water & Environment (MoWE) of the Government of the Republic of Yemen invites bids from qualified and reputable national and international consultants (individuals, firms, institutions or organizations) to conduct localized hydrogeological and related studies of surface, subsurface and ground water sources in four districts on the West Coast of Yemen (AlMukha and Mawza in Taiz governorate and Al Khawkhah and At Tuhyat in Al Hudaydah governorate, estimated total population 245,373 people in 2021). The outcome shall inform water supply development of a 3-year Resilience WASH project funded by the Swiss International Development Cooperation (SDC) and Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Dutch-MOFA) and implemented by Solidarites in collaboration with MoWE. Besides Hygiene Promotion and Environmental Sanitation activities, the program targets to implement at least 23 water supplies entailing construction or rehabilitation of 1 dam and rehabilitation of existing shallow wells and boreholes to serve a targeted population of 60,000 people –Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) and IDP hosting communities in the 4 districts, including children in at least 4 public schools and patients in at least 6 public health facilities.
The tangible outputs expected from the survey include:
- update of existing hydrogeological and physical information and mapping on the Tihama catchment basin of the West Coast
- Identification of wells to be monitored over the longer term (manual dipping and automatic logging methods, including recommendations of suitable logger models and specifications) for representative and individual well aquifer characteristics
- An interactive database of water sources in the four districts, featuring well static water levels, yields and chemical parameters, which will be integrated later with a water supply infrastructure database.
To realize this, the consultant shall:
- conduct a desktop study of existing literature and water sources;
- undertake representative field reconnaissance surveys of water sources and bodies (shallow wells, boreholes, wadis, dams, springs) in key targeted project locations in the 4 districts, measuring static water levels (SWL), conducting yield tests ( including test pumping) and water quality analysis on some of the water sources;
- Using sampled sources and existing data on surface, subsurface and ground water sources in the area, generate GIS imaging and mapping capturing key hydrogeology and geological features in key study areas targeted in the four districts. (A field level geophysics study will not be necessary as the Resilience WASH project focuses mainly on rehabilitation and augmentation of existing WASH facilities).
ABOUT THE MISSION
The consultancy is projected to start in the first week of June 2021, with the field activity commencing fourth week of June 2021 and last approximately 30 work days, finishing by end of July 2021, and the final report submitted by end August 2021.
This study is one of three Solidarites critical consultancy studies in the West Coast that will run parallel (or at times, sequentially), the others being ‘water supply infrastructure survey and mapping’ and ‘sanitation infrastructure survey and mapping’..
In attached to this letter, interested offerer may find the terms of reference, attached that can be downloaded for free.
Description of Requirements: this RFP, along with two annexes (terms of reference and contract template) that will be asked at email@example.com will have the full information of what interested applicants will need to know.
Withdraw of the RFP:
- From 6th of MAY – 31st May 2021(Deadline included)
- On the following websites (Solidarites International website, relief web, and RWSN)
- annexes( ToR + Template) will be asked at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Person for Inquiries:
Logistics UNIT of Yemen
- (Written inquiries only)Any question or clarification needed must be addressed to to the following email: email@example.com, before 31st/05/2021. Having the title of the mail as “RFP IOF ALM WSH 044 YEM 2021”,
- All Communications and inquiries must be in English.
Submission of the offers:
- Mandatory for Eligiblity, a Consultant must be registered in her/his country of tax residency and must have a certificate and registration number.
- Your proposal must be submitted electronically in PDF, Through this email only firstname.lastname@example.org. The mail title should be “PROPOSAL TO CONDUCT LOCALIZED HYDROGEOLOGICAL, GEOPHYSICS AND RELATED STUDIES OF SURFACE, SUBSURFACE AND GROUND WATER SOURCES IN FOUR DISTRICTS ON THE WEST COAST OF YEMEN, THE MIDDLE EAST”
- The offer shall be in two parts sent in PDF format, and free of viruses. Shall contain all the required documents detailed in the RFP – TOR
(i) a technical offer.
(ii) a financial and administrative offer:
- The financial offer should be in USD, and payment will be for USD it should be valid for at least three (3months) from the date of submision. must be exclusive of VAT and other applicable indirect taxes.
Type of Contract to be Signed: Service contract for consultancy services.
Deadline of submission: 31/05/2021 midnight Yemen time. it shall remain your responsibility to ensure that it reaches the address above on or before the deadline. Proposals that are received by SI after the deadline indicated above, for whatever reason, shall not be considered for evaluation.
Annexes to this RFP:
- Annex 1 _Detailed TOR including example of proposal form.
- Annex 2_Template of the service contract.
Both annexes will be asked at email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving a proposal from your company.
Country LOGISTICS COORDINATOR YEMEN – ADEN
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/
Related Jobs (21)
WASH and Shelter Project Manager @ Gaza – Palestine on May 26, 2021 Full Time
Iraq nationals Irrigation Engineer @ Baghdad – Iraq on May 11, 2021 Full Time