Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
Civil Engineer - Water Networks - Neom, Tabuk, Saudi Arabia On-site
- Post Date:January 19, 2022
- Views 409
- Input to Concept Design and undertake technical reviews of complete civil and hydraulic systems for water transmission and distribution system including reservoirs, pumps and pumping stations, piping, valves etc.
- Review and evaluate concept designs, Land Use permits, Asset Briefs
- Significant hydraulic modelling expertise
- Provide civil engineering support to operational and construction sites/projects
- Develop scope of civil, structural and pipeline works, preparation of specifications and quantify related requirements
- Proven ability to objectively evaluate contractors, design and construction tenders and pre-qualifications.
- Proven ability in pipe, valve, and fittings material assessment
- Proven knowledge of civil engineering materials
- Implementing the latest applicable design and engineering Codes & Standards for all Assets of NEOM.
- Participate in the innovation and implementation of new technologies particularly in relation to smart water networks
- Maintaining and improving Health and Safety practice
Key Accountabilities And Responsibilities
- Prepare scope of works for civil engineering works including detailed design narrative of the works, design drawings, as-builts, specifications and related quantities.
- Evaluate technical proposals from bidders for related design services or construction works
- Proven ability to plan and schedule civil engineering design and design reviews for operational, construction and commissioning activities
- Experienced in the supervision and inspection, identification of any related non-conformity in mechanical and civil engineering design, construction and commissioning activities
- Provide engineering support during construction performed by contractors including reviewing technical submittals and shop drawings, responding to contractor questions, evaluating change order requests, resolving field issues.
- Ability to uses software including AutoCAD & Civil3D, ArcGIS and hydraulic modeling software including WaterGems
- Ability to utilize the BIM technology and models in design, construction and commissioning of the related works
- Monitoring and safeguarding site Health and Safety performance
- Assisting in the operation and optimisation of the water supply network
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (Masters level is a plus) in Civil Engineering or related field
- Minimum 8 years post-graduation experience in civil or mechanical engineering on piped systems in the Water industry
- Knowledge of applicable international codes and standards and trends in civil engineering design (ISO, BS, EN, CESWI) in the water industry including smart network control centres.
- Experience in standard method of measurement and Bills of Quantities
- Knowledge and experience of different forms of contract
- Good awareness of the latest trends in engineering and technology, construction and software, BIM (and related software), renewables energies, and green designs, smart city design
- Willingness to learn and establishing as a fully qualified internationally recognised civil engineer
- Ability to produce engineering drawings using AutoCAD as well as ability make hand sketches
- Good analytical, design and engineering capabilities
- A team player yet with ability to work independently as a highly motivated, self-directed individual with ability to analyze and solve complex problems
- Good interpersonal skills and communication to all levels
- Proficiency in English (a must)
Related Jobs (13)
Water product application specialist @ Manama – Bahrain on July 9, 2021 Full Time
Civil engineer – project manager @ Ryadh – Saudi Arabia on April 2, 2021 Full Time