Advanced Chemical Engineer - Oleflex - UOP - Abu Dhabi
- Post Date:February 10, 2022
- Views 455
We are currently seeking a motivated and hardworking individual to join our team as an Advanced Chemical Engineer to be based in Abu Dhabi, UAE. In this role, you will be the expert and recognized trusted advisor for internal and external customers in the Oleflex Technologies
What Will You Be Doing Every Single Day?
- Evaluate commercial operations, through remote monitoring or on-site troubleshooting of UOP technology to assist customers in achieving their goals
- Providing technical support for new unit start-ups and turnaround support on catalyst changeout of Honeywell UOP licensed units.
- Identifying improvement opportunities to unit’s designs based on own judgement and commercial experience from support to customers unit’s start-ups.
- Providing Field support as part of the Field Service Reserve (FSR) when necessary for customers start-up, restart or troubleshooting either as the main Technical Advisor or as a training opportunity.
- Participate in R&D delivery, and technology improvement projects, bringing commercial perspectives and key data to the team
- Participate in Engineering review meetings for new units and revamps including Design Basis, PFD, P&ID and HAZOP.
- Review, analyze and prepare data review reports on commercial unit operating data in accordance with Service Agreements
- Keep current with customer needs for technologies supported, communicate changes, and incorporate relevant changes into appropriate documents
- Prepare and update GOM, process technology manuals, training materials and present UOP technology training courses both in the region and abroad
What Skills and Experience Will You Have?
- University education in Chemical Engineering.
- 5-7 years broad refinery experience, either with Honeywell UOP or Refiner, providing a good all-round knowledge of refining technologies, their equipment, and operations.
- Experience with C3/C4 Oleflex technologies in a technical support or operations role.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required to manage the extensive internal and external customer contact that the position demands.
- Experience in commissioning, startup, operation, troubleshooting and optimization of refinery plants would be a plus
- The position requires significant travel (~25%) and associated personal flexibility. Some trips can be planned, but ability to travel at short notice is a requirement.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and adjust to changing priorities.
- Good problem solving and dispute resolution skills
- Good computer software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Job Location Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Company Industry General Engineering Consultancy
Company Type Employer (Private Sector)
Job Role Chemical Engineering
Career Level Mid Career
Related Jobs (23)
Senior Sales Engineer – Petrochemical Process Solution on April 3, 2022 Full Time
Wastewater Treatment Technician (Dammam, Eastern, Saudi Arabia) on July 27, 2021 Full Time
Chemical Engineer @ Eastern Province – Saudi Arabia on July 13, 2021 Full Time